Five Simple Ways to Thank a Veteran
- Say Thank You – Just the simple act of saying “Thank you for your service” goes a long way with veterans. Throw in a handshake too, you’re bound to see a smile on their face, which will make it all worth it.
- Volunteer – Do something for the veterans in your community. Seriously, what’s an hour of your time for the sacrifices they’ve made? Check out uso.org for ways that you can help. At the least, drop off an anonymous letter at your local VA thanking a veteran; it will get to the right person.
- Donate – Make a small donation today to any of the fantastic organizations out there that help veterans each and every day. There are many great charities to contribute to like the Disabled American Veterans.
- Pay for Lunch – Just walk up and say “I appreciate what you are doing, this one’s on me.” Offer to pay for a veteran’s meal today.
- Never Forget – One of the biggest things you can do is to make the most out of the opportunity you’ve been given. Our freedoms have been paved with the sacrifices of our soldiers and they did so for all of us to enjoy this great country; let’s not forget that or take it for granted.
A veteran is someone who at one point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for an amount up to and including their life. Regardless of personal political views, that is an honor and there are too many people in this country who no longer remember that fact.
You May Also Like
Air conditioners require maintenance to ensure they don’t start malfunctioning. Failure to do so every year can lead to a long list… Continue Reading 4 Reasons You Should Never Skip Professional Annual AC Maintenance…
Humidity plays a significant role in determining a home’s comfort and efficiency. For example, excess moisture in your home causes various health… Continue Reading How to Manage Your Home’s Humidity in Jacksonville, FL…
While heating your home in Orange Park, FL, last winter, you may have noticed that some rooms stayed cold. Now that it’s… Continue Reading Why Does My Home in Orange Park, FL, Have Hot and Cold Spots?…