Tips for Checking AC System Storm Damage
Hurricane Irma brought heavy flooding, structural damage and widespread power outages to Jacksonville, Florida and the surrounding cites and communities. As Hurricane Irma’s rains caused overflowing rivers, a storm surge, tree and structural damage, over a 100,000 utility customers lost power.
If Hurricane Irma has caused flooding, structural damage, a power surge or outage to your home, you’re likely eager to get your AC unit up and running once power is restored. But before you do, please follow a few safety tips before turning your AC System back on after AC System storm damage .
- Before power is restored, the first thing you should do is turn your AC System off at the thermostat, then go to your electrical panel and turn the switch for the air conditioner to “off”.
- Be sure there is no standing water submerging any part of your AC system, both inside and out side of your home or business.
- Remove any debris from the area around your AC System.
- Once power is restored, go to your electrical panel and turn the switch for the air conditioner to “on”. Then turn your AC System on at the thermostat.
- If the breaker trips when you turn your AC unit on, turn your AC System off at the thermostat, then go to your electrical panel and turn the switch for the air conditioner to “off” and then back to “on.” This resets the external circuit breaker.
- Now turn your AC System on at the thermostat. If the breaker trips again, call a professional AC repair company to have your HVAC System completely tested.
If Hurricane Irma has caused AC System storm damage, please follow these few safety tips before turning your AC system back on. Your safety is our main concern. – Cool Connections, Inc.
Cool Connections, Inc. – Your Jacksonville, Florida HVAC Specialists
Our goal is to help educate our customers in the Greater Jacksonville, Florida area about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems).
Cool Connections, Inc. is a locally owned and operated business. We have thousands of customers and the experience for HVAC service, repair, and installations for furnaces, heat pumps, air conditioning (AC), and air quality systems. Be sure to Contact Cool Connections, Inc. in Jacksonville, Florida for all your air conditioning and heating needs. (904) 685-1582
You May Also Like
Though people often overlook it, attic insulation has an important role in controlling your home’s temperature and improving efficiency. If you notice… Continue Reading Does Your Attic in Jacksonville, FL, Need More Insulation?…
Middleburg, FL, is a great place to raise a family and enjoy the best that life has to offer. However, there are… Continue Reading 3 Habits That Damage Your Home’s Air Quality in Middleburg, FL…
When the heat pump in your Jacksonville, FL, home is no longer keeping your home comfortable, one common cause of the issue… Continue Reading Is My Jacksonville, FL, Heat Pump Compressor Faulty?…