Tips for Checking AC System Storm Damage
Hurricane Irma brought heavy flooding, structural damage and widespread power outages to Jacksonville, Florida and the surrounding cites and communities. As Hurricane Irma’s rains caused overflowing rivers, a storm surge, tree and structural damage, over a 100,000 utility customers lost power.
If Hurricane Irma has caused flooding, structural damage, a power surge or outage to your home, you’re likely eager to get your AC unit up and running once power is restored. But before you do, please follow a few safety tips before turning your AC System back on after AC System storm damage .
- Before power is restored, the first thing you should do is turn your AC System off at the thermostat, then go to your electrical panel and turn the switch for the air conditioner to “off”.
- Be sure there is no standing water submerging any part of your AC system, both inside and out side of your home or business.
- Remove any debris from the area around your AC System.
- Once power is restored, go to your electrical panel and turn the switch for the air conditioner to “on”. Then turn your AC System on at the thermostat.
- If the breaker trips when you turn your AC unit on, turn your AC System off at the thermostat, then go to your electrical panel and turn the switch for the air conditioner to “off” and then back to “on.” This resets the external circuit breaker.
- Now turn your AC System on at the thermostat. If the breaker trips again, call a professional AC repair company to have your HVAC System completely tested.
If Hurricane Irma has caused AC System storm damage, please follow these few safety tips before turning your AC system back on. Your safety is our main concern. – Cool Connections, Inc.
Cool Connections, Inc. – Your Jacksonville, Florida HVAC Specialists
Our goal is to help educate our customers in the Greater Jacksonville, Florida area about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems).
Cool Connections, Inc. is a locally owned and operated business. We have thousands of customers and the experience for HVAC service, repair, and installations for furnaces, heat pumps, air conditioning (AC), and air quality systems. Be sure to Contact Cool Connections, Inc. in Jacksonville, Florida for all your air conditioning and heating needs. (904) 685-1582
You May Also Like
Why Is My Smart Thermostat Screen Blank in St. Johns, FL
A blank thermostat screen doesn’t necessarily mean something is seriously wrong with your HVAC system. Most of the time, this issue can… Continue Reading Why Is My Smart Thermostat Screen Blank in St. Johns, FL…
Duct Cleaning Helps Reduce the Risk of These Dangers
Most homeowners in Jacksonville, FL, rarely think about their HVAC system’s ductwork. That’s because it sits behind walls, out of sight and… Continue Reading Duct Cleaning Helps Reduce the Risk of These Dangers…
3 Benefits of Energy Recovery Ventilators in St. Johns, FL
Of all the types of home ventilators, an energy recovery ventilator can be a great addition to your St. Johns, FL, home.… Continue Reading 3 Benefits of Energy Recovery Ventilators in St. Johns, FL…